Lavington believes good attendance and punctuality give students a greater chance of academic and personal success, thus helping towards developing their skills for life. All students deserve to be able to make the most of the opportunities available to them. Good attendance and punctuality are essential now and in the future.
- We ask parents to telephone the main school number every day of any absence.
- Unexplained or unauthorised absences are regarded as truancy and will be recorded as such.
- Medical or other appointments in school time should be avoided if possible but, if not possible, a half day is considered sufficient for most appointments. Please notify the school, as soon as possible, of any absence.
- Frequent absences will be investigated, and the Education Welfare Service may then be involved.
- Please note that, by law, Headteachers are no longer permitted to grant leave of absence except in exceptional circumstances such as a family member funeral.